
Man accused of Tupac Shakur’s murder seeks to have charges dropped
By Kennedy Felton (Lifestyle Correspondent/Producer), Emma Stoltzfus (Video Editor)
Nearly three decades after the murder of rapper Tupac Shakur, the man accused of orchestrating the fatal drive-by is fighting to have all charges against him dropped, according to The Associated Press. In Sept. 1996, a gunman opened fire on Shakur as he sat in the passenger seat of a car driven by Death Row Records CEO Marion “Suge” Knight in Las Vegas. Shakur died six days later from his injuries.
Media Landscape
See how news outlets across the political spectrum are covering this story. Learn moreBias Summary
- Facilisi himenaeos ex etiam sollicitudin molestie ultrices montes integer, quam ac lectus auctor nec nostra facilisis consequat fusce, suspendisse efficitur ornare faucibus sapien ut scelerisque.
- Condimentum platea est eget aliquet praesent elit duis urna quam tempor, non euismod facilisis at dapibus fusce sem metus mus.
- Nibh vivamus iaculis viverra ullamcorper ligula justo maximus dapibus risus penatibus, erat mauris porttitor sagittis potenti cras vestibulum cubilia.
- Posuere natoque et quisque platea etiam fusce vestibulum elit dui erat, facilisis facilisi pretium sollicitudin arcu euismod tempor maecenas.
- Cursus ultrices amet erat varius ut non aenean fermentum accumsan tincidunt quam, auctor est commodo potenti duis habitant ornare ullamcorper convallis facilisis.
- Parturient quam commodo a nibh neque est dictum nam venenatis mauris ut cursus convallis, elementum vel tellus taciti auctor maecenas malesuada mollis nunc lectus egestas elit.
- Nisi ullamcorper parturient nibh egestas efficitur curae inceptos, aenean urna natoque dictum libero iaculis mattis, accumsan turpis sollicitudin aliquet pulvinar risus.
Bias Distribution
Left
Right
Untracked Bias
Since then, speculation has swirled about who committed the crime, but no suspect had been identified until recently. In Sept. 2023, the case saw a breakthrough with Duane “Keffe D” Davis’s arrest after a search of a Las Vegas home.

Download the SAN app today to stay up-to-date with Unbiased. Straight Facts™.
Point phone camera here
“This investigation started on the night of Sept. 7, 1996. It is far from over,” said Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department Sheriff Kevin McMahill in a Sept. 2023 press conference.
Now, Davis is seeking freedom. The motion filed accuses prosecutors of “egregious” constitutional violations due to the 27-year delay in bringing charges. Under Nevada law, there is no statute of limitations for murder.
Davis’ attorney, Carl Arnold, filed the motion Monday, Jan. 6, arguing a lack of corroborating evidence and claiming authorities failed to honor immunity agreements granted to Davis during prior investigations.
According to a news release, Arnold says, “the failure to honor immunity agreements undermines the criminal justice system’s integrity and seriously questions this prosecution.”
Get up to speed on the stories leading the day every weekday morning. Sign up for the newsletter today!
Learn more about our emails. Unsubscribe anytime.
By entering your email, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and acknowledge the Privacy Policy.
Trial set for March
Davis’ court-appointed attorneys also filed a bail request last December, arguing he is not receiving adequate treatment for his colon cancer, which is in remission. They also requested that his 2019 memoir and recent interviews, in which he talked about the events of that night, be excluded from the evidence.
Davis has pleaded not guilty, and his trial is set to begin on March 17.
[Kennedy Felton]
Nearly three decades after the murder of Tupac Shakur, the man accused of orchestrating the fatal drive-by is fighting to have all charges against him dropped.
In September 1996, a gunman opened fire on Shakur as he sat in the passenger seat of a car driven by ‘Death Row Records’ CEO Marion “Suge” Knight in Las Vegas. Shakur died six days later from his injuries.
Since then, speculation has swirled about who committed the crime, but no suspect had been identified until recently.
In September 2023, the case saw a major breakthrough with the arrest of Duane “Keffe D” Davis after a search of a Las Vegas home.
Now, he’s seeking freedom, filing a motion that accuses prosecutors of “egregious” constitutional violations due to the 27-year delay in bringing charges. Under Nevada law, there is no statute of limitations for murder.
Davis’ attorney, Carl Arnold, filed the motion Monday arguing a lack of corroborating evidence, and claiming authorities failed to honor immunity agreements granted to Davis during prior investigations.
According to a news release, Arnold says “the failure to honor immunity agreements undermines the criminal justice system’s integrity and seriously questions this prosecution.”
Davis’ court-appointed attorneys also filed a bail request last December, arguing he is not receiving adequate treatment for his colon cancer, which is in remission. They also requested his 2019 memoir and recent interviews, where he’s talked about the events of that night, be excluded from evidence.
Media Landscape
See how news outlets across the political spectrum are covering this story. Learn moreBias Summary
- Hac eleifend egestas scelerisque condimentum porta dis ipsum commodo, elit vulputate conubia volutpat mollis odio phasellus curabitur mauris, libero varius a tellus placerat aliquam torquent.
- Magnis ligula mus purus finibus proin montes lacinia vestibulum elit venenatis, sapien ultricies phasellus fringilla feugiat mauris tempus consequat tincidunt.
- Porttitor dapibus primis ut morbi nostra parturient convallis feugiat ullamcorper turpis, rhoncus nascetur platea potenti urna ad sem tempor.
- Mi vehicula maximus massa ligula scelerisque mauris sem montes nisi rhoncus, phasellus hac adipiscing condimentum eget ultricies venenatis et.
- Nulla dis sollicitudin rhoncus leo aliquam sapien ridiculus tortor class non elit, volutpat mus consectetur urna lacinia iaculis a morbi suscipit phasellus.
- Diam elit consectetur gravida porttitor ante mus maecenas erat id nascetur aliquam nulla suscipit, neque viverra natoque cursus volutpat et cras bibendum fermentum conubia fusce montes.
- Auctor morbi diam porttitor fusce varius aptent nec, ridiculus vestibulum vehicula maecenas taciti primis dui, class habitasse condimentum finibus justo ullamcorper.
Bias Distribution
Left
Right
Untracked Bias
Straight to your inbox.
By entering your email, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and acknowledge the Privacy Policy.