
Disney wants wrongful death suit thrown out over man’s Disney+ signup
By Lauren Taylor (Anchor), Evan Hummel (Producer), Jake Maslo (Video Editor)
Disney is attempting to use the terms and conditions of Disney+ against a man suing the company for his wife’s death. Walt Disney Parks and Resorts filed a motion for dismissal on Friday, Aug. 2, over a wrongful death lawsuit because the man who filed it signed up for Disney+ years earlier.
Media Landscape
See how news outlets across the political spectrum are covering this story. Learn moreBias Summary
- Feugiat cursus metus taciti diam risus tempus eros quisque at magna vel porttitor nam elementum proin phasellus habitasse tincidunt lorem facilisi, tempor orci dictum nostra mus sollicitudin himenaeos vulputate quam lacinia aliquet commodo imperdiet fusce aenean sagittis non mauris.
- Morbi et aliquam convallis mauris vel laoreet aenean mattis tempus pulvinar nisi lacinia feugiat fringilla dui, taciti litora sollicitudin semper nibh quam eros commodo quisque elementum felis aptent dolor.
- Ultrices felis taciti aliquam aptent praesent dictumst gravida facilisi mauris, congue torquent tincidunt suscipit risus duis sed.
- Interdum ornare scelerisque donec ipsum consequat etiam efficitur torquent nisi porttitor tempus nam primis, ut eros phasellus sed morbi id malesuada suscipit pretium turpis diam eleifend.
- Nullam ultricies eleifend dignissim ipsum posuere platea vitae libero mauris, vivamus venenatis facilisi odio torquent sollicitudin vel scelerisque.
- Inceptos massa mi vivamus eleifend arcu aliquam ultrices dignissim odio lobortis eros nec class, hac volutpat in facilisis interdum erat ridiculus finibus aptent praesent risus semper.
Bias Distribution
Left
Right
Jeffrey Piccolo’s wife suffered a deadly allergic reaction in October 2023 after eating at a Disney Springs restaurant in Florida. The couple reportedly told the server at the restaurant that she had nut and dairy allergies, and they were repeatedly assured that the food was prepared allergen-free. However, Piccolo’s wife experienced difficult breathing after dinner and later died at a local hospital.

Download the SAN app today to stay up-to-date with Unbiased. Straight Facts™.
Point phone camera here
Disney argued that the wrongful death lawsuit should be thrown out because Piccolo signed up for a one-month trial of Disney+ in 2019. The company said that signing up for the trial requires users to agree to settle all disputes with the company.
Disney’s lawyers said that the company is also protected from legal action because Piccolo used Walt Disney Parks website to buy tickets to Epcot Theme Park a month before the incident, in September 2023. Disney said that the purchasing of the tickets required the user to sign up for the same agreement as Disney+.
Piccolo is suing Disney for $50,000 over mental pain and suffering as well as loss of income and funeral costs. His attorney called Disney’s move to dismiss the case on the grounds of trial sign-up “preposterous” and “outrageously unreasonable.”
[LAUREN TAYLOR]
TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE SOMETHING WE’RE ALL GUILTY OF SCROLLING PAST– BUT DISNEY IS ATTEMPTING TO USE IT AGAINST A MAN SUING THEM FOR HIS WIFE’S DEATH.
WALT DISNEY PARKS AND RESORTS WANTS A WRONGFUL DEATH LAWSUIT DISMISSED BECAUSE THE MAN WHO FILED IT SIGNED UP FOR DISNEY-PLUS YEARS EARLIER.
JEFFREY PICCOLO’S WIFE SUFFERED A DEADLY ALLERGIC REACTION AFTER EATING AT A DISNEY SPRINGS RESTAURANT IN FLORIDA LAST YEAR.
THE COUPLE TOLD THE SERVER SHE HAD NUT AND DAIRY ALLERGIES AND THEY WERE REPEATEDLY ASSURED THE FOOD WAS PREPARED ALLERGEN-FREE.
PICCOLO’S WIFE EXPERIENCED DIFFICULTY BREATHING AFTER DINNER AND LATER DIED AT THE HOSPITAL.
DISNEY ARGUES THE SUIT SHOULD BE DROPPED BECAUSE PICCOLO SIGNED UP FOR A ONE-MONTH TRIAL OF DISNEY PLUS IN 2019.
SIGNING UP REQUIRES TRIAL USERS TO AGREE TO SETTLE ALL DISPUTES WITH THE COMPANY.
DISNEY’S LAWYERS SAY THE COMPANY IS ALSO PROTECTED BECAUSE PICCOLO USED WALT DISNEY PARKS WEBSITE TO BUY TICKETS TO EPCOT THEME PARK A MONTH BEFORE THE INCIDENT.
DISNEY SAID THAT PURCHASE ALSO REQUIRED THE SAME AGREEMENT AS DISNEY-PLUS.
PICCOLO IS SUING DISNEY FOR 50-THOUSAND DOLLARS OVER MENTAL PAIN AND SUFFERING– AS WELL AS LOSS OF INCOME AND FUNERAL COSTS.
HIS ATTORNEY CALLED DISNEY’S MOVE TO DISMISS THE CASE ON THE GROUNDS OF TRIAL SIGN-UP “PREPOSTEROUS” AND OUTRAGEOUSLY UNREASONABLE.”
FOR MORE UPDATES ON THIS STORY– DOWNLOAD THE STRAIGHT ARROW NEWS APP OR VISIT SAN-DOT-COM.
FOR STRAIGHT ARROW NEWS– I’M LAUREN TAYLOR.
Media Landscape
See how news outlets across the political spectrum are covering this story. Learn moreBias Summary
- Mauris etiam suscipit interdum lobortis mi viverra habitasse sodales malesuada adipiscing himenaeos odio eget penatibus nam ac varius maximus feugiat aenean, parturient quisque id eleifend eu primis tellus praesent nullam blandit imperdiet mattis sed placerat venenatis gravida efficitur quis.
- Lectus orci habitant luctus quis himenaeos laoreet venenatis a viverra tortor congue blandit mauris hac nostra, interdum hendrerit primis semper sapien nullam habitasse mattis sodales penatibus vulputate libero metus.
- Iaculis vulputate interdum habitant libero ridiculus egestas mus aenean quis, accumsan vestibulum maximus pellentesque mi potenti non.
- Condimentum turpis cras erat cursus sit dignissim senectus vestibulum congue odio viverra eget ipsum, nisi habitasse ac non lectus arcu natoque pellentesque vivamus curabitur lobortis dolor.
- Integer fermentum dolor pretium cursus dapibus inceptos nec convallis quis, elit fringilla aenean mollis vestibulum primis himenaeos cras.
- Consequat finibus aliquet elit dolor curae habitant iaculis pretium mollis felis habitasse dictumst lacinia, urna commodo ullamcorper ex condimentum fames porta aptent libero ridiculus mi semper.
Bias Distribution
Left
Right
Straight to your inbox.
By entering your email, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and acknowledge the Privacy Policy.